Monday, January 12, 2015

Mochitsuki and a New Companion

Hey everyone! 

I have almost no time today so sorry in advance for the short letter. We got transfer calls last night (Sunday night) which was weird because it was a day earlier than normal. I will be staying here in Fuchu with a new companion. He is actually from one of the other companionships already here in Fuchu. His name is Elder O and he and I came to Japan at the same time. He's a really cool guy. He also was a freshman at BYU while I was there. He is from Colorado. I really like him and I'm really excited to work with him. Elder W will be going to the coast in Yokohama somewhere.

Today we got to do a mochitsuki which is pounding rice into mochi. It was a lot of fun. We had a ton of investigators and potential investigators and Eikaiwa students there, along with the entire ward. I think that we will see a lot of good come from it. Lots of people got to see the real church and its members--not just missionaries. That is so important. Members have such a lot of missionary power and one of the things they do well is make the church more normal. People can learn a lot about missionaries and have missionaries be the image of the church or they can meet the members and see the church as the group of incredibly happy people that love God. The Fuchu ward is getting a lot better compared to what it was at the beginning of this transfer. I was so happy to see the members fellowshipping all of the nonmembers that came. The missionaries alone would have been overwhelmed.

That's all I have time for right now. I might have time later today to write. We will see! I love you all!

Siebach Choro

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will gladly forward on any comments you'd like to leave for Sterling.