Monday, February 9, 2015

Aligning My Will With His

Dear family,


Making Okonomiyaki
Thank you so much for all of the emails! I loved them. It is so nice to be able to keep up with what is happening in your lives! I am so lucky to have such thorough and detailed writers in my family. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills or the time to write such a detailed email, but I'll do my best! Sorry :(

My thoughts for the past week have been returning pretty regularly to two topics. One of them is resigning our will to the will of our Heavenly Father. I came across a quote by Elder Maxwell that says that the only thing we have to give to God that is truly our own is our agency. All of the other things we have (time family, money, talents) are just ours because our Heavenly Father saw fit to give them to us. When we bring our will in line with His, or essentially replace our desires with His desires, we begin to follow the perfect path that He has prepared for us. The path that leads through peace and happiness and ends at eternal life. I want to align myself, my desires, my will with His that I may more fully serve and love.


The other thoughts have to do with faith and how faith is really the principle that the entire world uses to make progress. Whether it be business, science, or anything else. I am so sorry but I don't have time to explain it. SORRY!

This week we had a crazy spiritual lesson with one of our investigators. We got to talk about God and how merciful he is! It was a really awesome conversation and I could tell that he felt the spirit very strongly. It was a great lesson. He committed to read the scriptures, pray, go to church, and to think about getting baptized. We also found a couple more promising investigators! it was awesome!

I love you ALL!
Elder Siebach

P.S. My shoulder feels a lot better! thank you for the prayers and the fasting! I really believe that it is a gift from God that my shoulder still works. it popped and hurt and I couldn't sleep for most of the night for a week, which honestly made me kind of worried, but now it feels fine! Definitely a miracle! Thank you so much! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will gladly forward on any comments you'd like to leave for Sterling.