Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Finding the Fun in Finding

Hello Family,

We had a pretty great week this past week. Elder Dana and I hit the streets pretty hard trying to find people to teach and visit less actives. We visited so many people last week and actually have a couple that promised to come to church this coming Sunday which I am pretty happy about! There are so many less actives in this ward! There are a lot of less actives in every area here in Tokyo. That was a lot of hard work, but we went all over the area so I got to know it pretty well. I think that I will be here for awhile.

It has been a lot of fun focusing so much on finding people. We have gotten to teach a lot of lessons on the street., which are really fun. We have another two-mission conference coming up next week! Elder Nelson is coming. I was asked to sing in a musical number for the conference which I am really excited about! We will be singing Praise to the Lord the Almighty. So cool!

Other than that there isn't a ton to write about. It seems to be getting warmer although it has been raining a lot. It still feels pretty cold a lot of the time. I wish I could put on weight to stay warmer or something but weight just seems to only want to fall off of me.

To those of you who have asked, yes, I am senior companion now, and while that does carry extra responsibilities, it isn't that big of a deal. It is really great for my Japanese though. I no longer have an older companion to rely on when speaking to people. Kind of forces me to improve, if you know what I mean:) Someday I do hope to get a Japanese companion. I think that that would be really awesome. I will keep praying for that.

Unfortunately I will not be able to get lunch with Bishop Johnson :(

I don't have anything specific to share with regards to a spiritual thought. I have certainly been able to see the guidance of the spirit in our finding and teaching. I am beginning to see the incredible blessings of preparation. All of those hours of studying are beginning to pay off as the spirit brings to my mind and my companion's mind things that we have studied that we can then share with those who we teach. It is so worth it to see that preparation pay off! It is also amazing to compare the way I feel now to the way I felt when I entered the MTC or got off the plane in Tokyo. The confidence that comes with getting better at the language and with the knowledge that I am doing everything I can to accomplish my part. That feeling is something that I never want to lose! Preparation is so important. In the end I guess that is kind of what this life is all about. Alma 34:32 says that "this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God." I know that if we do everything in our power to prepare, to do what is right, to do our part, then we will have our "confidence wax strong in the presence of the Lord".

I love you all!

Elder Siebach

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will gladly forward on any comments you'd like to leave for Sterling.