Monday, March 30, 2015

Rejection and Growth


Dear Family,

I hate to break it you but I have almost no time to write again this week! I have to go on splits with the zone leaders pretty soon -- I'm sorry!! 


This week my companion and I taught a bunch of lessons and went finding a lot too. Pretty typical as far as weeks go. I was also asked to join a district leader training meeting, so that probably means something :)

During our finding this past week we were blessed with a couple new investigators and a TON of rejections. I am going to be so good at getting rejected when I get off my mission--haha! We get ignored, yelled at, laughed at, et cetera, and I LOVE it. I don't know why but there truly is a sense of satisfaction, be it small and/or bitter sweet, when you know that you have accomplished your purpose and invited people to embrace their Savior and Redeemer. I feel like I have gotten pretty good at giving people a clear, well-explained decision to make. They are just also really good at resisting the Spirit and using their agency to choose the path more traveled. It is a sad thing. It can get you down a lot, actually, so I try to focus on the beauty and truth of our message and on keeping the Spirit with me at all times.

6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee... (Acts 3:6)

Here is a chance to learn about and embrace eternal life, and the people we meet say no almost every time! Serving a mission here has helped me to understand that I am my most important investigator. Ha! It seems like it is pretty often that I am my only investigator. I have felt myself changing, improving, becoming. This mission is more like a refiner's fire than I thought it would be, but I wouldn't have it any other way! I am so grateful to be here and to give my all to these wonderful people.

I love you all!
Elder Siebach

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will gladly forward on any comments you'd like to leave for Sterling.