Monday, April 20, 2015

How Beautiful...Are Many Things!

Family!!!
SAKURA!!
This week has been great! We got to go out and do a bunch of finding and teaching and training! We had zone meeting this week and I gave a training on the importance of studies. I'm not sure how mine went (I think it was alright) but the other trainings given by other members of the zone were really good!


After-Zone-Meeting Lunch
Right now we are working with one of our investigators really closely, his baptismal date is this coming Sunday. So we are concentrating on building him up and preparing him the receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. He is a wonderful man and I am very excited for him. Other than that Elder Peck (my companion) and I have been visiting a lot of less
actives and we have both seen the most amazing miracles and experienced the biggest rejections so far on my mission. So that has been a ton of fun. It seems that once you receive a little bit of light you can't go back to neutrality, you either continue in the light and get more or you go dark and fall. I have met some pretty violently anti-mormon people out here and they are all considered less active... Anyways, we are also working with another man who has told us that he will get baptized if he finds out that the Book of Mormon is true. That is pretty exciting. I may have mentioned him last week. We haven't been able to meet with him for a while. We will keep praying and fasting for him though.

In my studies this past week I read a lot of scriptures that I already hold dear to my heart, but one in particular came across in a different way. It was Romans 10:13-15

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!"

I read those scriptures and the Spirit carried them straight to my heart. It is just a different twist on the missionary purpose. I, along with thousands of others, have been called and sent to preach the name of the Lord, that others may hear, and then believe, and then call upon him, and therefore be saved. I love how simple that is. I think that we have all been sent.

Love y'all!

Siebach 長老

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will gladly forward on any comments you'd like to leave for Sterling.