Monday, June 29, 2015

Noticing the Wonders

Hello Family! 

How is everyone? I'm doing well! It's getting hotter which is fun! We got transfer calls and I will be staying in Kanagawa with Elder M! I am really excited! I'm actually pretty surprised that we are still together. Up until this point I have only had one other companion last for two transfers and that was my trainer. Interesting...:)

This past week we found a couple new investigators which is exciting. We have not been able to set a date with M-San yet but we are working on that. He is still hungry to learn but wants to take a lot of time doing it, which is a pretty common thought among investigators here. The trick is getting them to exercise faith and progress faster.

Something I have been thinking about and I came across recently is this scripture:

And Joshua said unto the people, Sanctify yourselves: for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you. (Joshua 3:5)

I love this scripture. I think it is so powerful and it is something that we can all apply to our individual situations. The Lord is always doing wonders among us. Every single day there are miracles. What we have to do is sanctify ourselves. Christ says,

Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day. (3 Nephi 27:20)

We are sanctified (which means consecrated, holy, or declared holy) by the reception of the Holy Ghost. This is why if we don't receive the Holy Ghost after baptism our baptism is worthless. When we are sanctified we can approach the throne with confidence; we can stand spotless. I am so amazed as I have gone through this process of change on my mission. As I have tried to align my will with with Heavenly Father's more and more, I have noticed the greater sanctification. I have noticed the wonders. I know that as we work hard to sanctify ourselves we will see the Lord do wonders among us.

I love y'all! Sorry it is short today! Not much time!

Love, Elder Siebach

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will gladly forward on any comments you'd like to leave for Sterling.